The applicant might be able to get this visa if s/he:
- has been nominated by an approved Australian employer. If the nomination has been granted, the visa application must be made within the six months from the date of nomination approval.
- is under the age of 50 at the time of application, unless exempted
- has the required skills and qualifications for the position
- has appropriate English language skills at the time of application lodgement, unless exempted
- meets the health and character requirements
- meets the requirements of the streamÂ in which the application has been made.
This visa hasÂ three streams:
1. Temporary residence transition stream
The employeeÂ might be able to get this visa under the Temporary Residence Transition stream if the employee:
- holds aÂ Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- has at leastÂ vocational EnglishÂ (unless exempt from this requirement)
- has worked forÂ two yearsÂ in the same position with the same employer, while holding subclass 457 visa as the primary visa holder, and the employer has an approved nomination for the employee for a permanent position under this stream.
The visa applicantâ€™sÂ skills do not need to be assessedÂ because s/he has already worked for the nominating employer for two years in Australia.
2. Direct entry stream
The visa applicant might be able to get this visa under the Direct Entry stream ifÂ one of the following applies:
- have been nominated for a position under this streamÂ and that nomination has been approved
- have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
- hold aÂ Temporary Work (Skilled) visaÂ (subclass 457) but do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- are applying directly from outside Australia.
At time of application lodgement, the applicant must provide evidence of meeting the following requirements:
- have at leastÂ competent EnglishÂ (unless exempted from this requirement)
- have at leastÂ three years ofÂ relevant work experience
- have a positiveÂ valid skills assessmentÂ in the nominated occupation (the skill assessment must be conducted by the relevant assessing authority listed in theÂ Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations.
3. Agreement stream
The visa applicant might be able to get this visa under the Agreement stream if sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement which requires an agreement to be in place for the particular industry or occupation.
The visa applicant must meet the age, skills and English language requirements stated in the agreement.